There can be lots of fun and exciting work, travel, and play as a model. Models have an opportunity to interact with all kinds of different people from all walks of life and maybe a chance to see the world! Is modeling right for you? Want to be a rock star? We will help you figure it out – just be patient.
In the meantime, we would love to start you off with with our top 10 insider tips to understanding industry lingo:
- AUDITION – A tryout for a part including a commercial, TV program or motion picture.
- BOOK – The term has two meanings 1) to hire a model or talent 2) refers to a model’s portfolio.
- CALLBACK – A request for a model to go back for a second meeting with the casting director.
- CASTING DIRECTOR – The person responsible for directing the selection of models and talent for a shoot
- GO SEE – a tryout for a modeling job
- INSIZE – When a model wears the same size in which clothing samples are produced.
- MANAGER – The person responsible for managing the career of a model or talent.
- PORTFOLIO – A collection of a model’s photographs and examples of their work.
- SHOOT – A photography session.
- TEARSHEET – An example of a models work.